The present building was the first London church designed by Bodley and Garner and is built of brick with stone dressings in the decorated Gothic style. The nave was completed in 1881 and the chancel added and consecrated in 1894 under its first vicar, Father Edward Penfold. A northwest tower was planned but never built. The interior has a continuous, stenciled waggon roof covering both nave and chancel, and a vaulted north chapel. The west front was restored in 2005 and a new roof was completed in August 2007. The church is Grade II* listed, for its interior. St. Michaels is still a fully functioning church, but also hosts special events such as exhibitions, theatre and live music.
London NW1 9LQ
Tel:020 7424 0724
CC14 Opening Times:
Please phone/email the venue for details